Colour is often known as the silent salesperson because it subconsciously stimulates the senses and exerts an influence on human mood. As such, it has always played a powerful role for designers looking to make a statement and retailers looking to attract a sale. The Hermes’ Orange, Valentino’s Red, Donna Karan’s Black, Tommy Hilfiger’s Maritime Blue and Betsey Johnson’s Pink are all examples of how designers can inspire an era and reflect a wider societal shift through the use of colour.
Celebrating its 50th Anniversary, colour expert Pantone is launching PANTONEVIEW.com, a digital subscription service devoted solely to colour. Ideal for creatives around the globe – from students and independent designers to businesses of all sizes and large corporations – the platform features visual inspiration, critical colour direction and a global perspective on colour, providing both macro and local views on key colour stories, enabling users to make more informed decisions and perfect their colour strategy up to 12 months ahead of the season.
David Shah, Editor in Chief for PANTONEVIEW.com, colour consultant to major worldwide brands and publisher of Metropolitan Publishing BV, brings 30 years of colour forecasting expertise to the service. “PANTONEVIEW.com is not another trend or fashion site. It’s all about creating a panel of global experts that spans different disciplines, but is united by its desire to speak the common language of colour. We all take colour for granted, but it is a complex issue that can involve high financial risk. And, that is truer now than ever before,” said Shah. “There’s a lot of uncertainty and that’s what PANTONEVIEW.com helps to solve. We are colour experts across industries who can provide advice, clarification and confirmation on all things colour.”
The website includes:
- Colour View – Colour forecasting reports and analysis by product sector across a variety of industries including apparel, homeware, interior design, graphic design, industrial design and food. In Colour View, the common language of colour is used to link our community to what’s happening in parallel areas of design.
- Material View – Comprehensive colour direction and regular updates on the science of colour, i.e. the machines, dyestuffs and R&D, that will change how we choose and look at colour in the future.
- World View – Regional and geographical colour and trend reports providing local viewpoints plus global overviews.
- Expert View – Experts give their views on what is happening in colour in their world or product sector.
- Future View – Strategic information and a long-term look at the influences that will affect colour in the future.
- News and Events – Colour news from around the globe plus live webinars and events featuring PANTONEVIEW.com colour experts and special guests
Subscriptions are available at PANTONEVIEW.com and Pantone distributors worldwide for £15.95 per month or £104.95 annually. Students can purchase an annual subscription for £62.95. A free 30-day trial is available now for download.